The Benefits of Biking
There are many health benefits that are associated with biking – and it is one of the easiest ways to exercise! Additionally, there are several local events happening during the Bike Month (May) to help get you started.
- increased cardiovascular fitness
- increased muscle strength and flexibility
- stronger bones
- improved posture and coordination
- improved joint mobility
- lower body fat levels
- lower stress levels
- prevention or management of disease
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony – Water Flume Trail Line
- When: April 29, 2015 at 5:30 PM
- Event Details: Join the City of Tacoma to commemorate the phase two completion of the Water Flume Line Trial. You can ride or walk through a “ribbon” for a guided bike ride or walk on the newly reconstructed trail. More Information.
Bike to a Business: King’s Books
- When: May 1, 2015 at 11:00 AM
- Event Details: King’s Books is celebrating Bike Month with a bike-themed book display, a 10% discount all month for anyone biking to the bookstore and other events: Bike Month Book Discussion (5/13 @ 7:00), Bike Train (5/27 @ 5:30) and CLAW Bike Helmet Draw (5/27 @7:30)! More Information.
7th Annual Tacoma Bike Swap
- When: May 2, 2015 at 10:00 AM
- Event Details: This event is great for those who are simply looking to find other riders or to buy or sell a bike. More Information.
Bike Trivia Night
- When: May 6, 2015 at 6:00 PM
- Event Details: Test out your bike knowledge! This is a family-friendly event at the Swiss. More Information.
Bike to Market Day
- When: May 7, 2015 at 10:00 AM
- Event Details: Bike to the opening day of the Broadway Farmer’s Market. The first 50 people to present their helmets at the Farmer’s Market booth will receive a $2 token just for riding. More Information.